Last updated: July 13, 2021
Caring for our customers, associates, and communities
Giant Tiger is committed to providing a healthy and safe shopping environment for our customers, communities and associates.
We are pleased to offer many options to help you shop for the items you want and need.
Many provinces and regions have customer capacity limits. Please note that if there are customer capacity limits in a community we call home, those limits are posted at our store entrances.
Let's do our part, together
Our stores have the following measures in place:
or face covering
Please stand 3 jackets apart
(2 metres • 6 feet)
Enhanced cleaning & sanitization measures
Plexiglass cashier shield
Hand sanitizer at all entrances
Employee health checks
Feeling unwell? Visit us at gianttiger.com
Frequently asked questions
The health and safety of our associates, customers and communities is our number one priority at all times. We are taking a number of measures to protect associates at work, including but not limited to:
- Installing plexiglass at our registers.
- Mapping out social distancing parameters prior to entering and throughout our stores.
- We have implemented health checks at our stores and distribution centres and are asking our associates who are not feeling well to stay home and get well.
- Ensuring all associates have access to PPE as well as hand sanitizer.
- Implementation of a number of different policies and process both on the sales floor and in the employee areas of our stores.
Giant Tiger is a people first organization. This has always been who we are and is who we will continue to be. Our priority at all times is the health and safety of our people, both in our stores and within our communities.
If a member of the Giant Tiger team tests positive for COVID-19 we will:
- Work with and follow the direction of the public health authority.
- Ensure our store are subject to a strict deep-clean and sanitization process.
- Notify all staff who require self-isolation and or self-monitoring for two weeks.
- We will ensure that our customer care team is able to answer customer questions and provide accurate and timely information to our valued customers.
- We will ensure that our store franchise and staff are fully informed and supported during this process.
Some stores are limiting quantities on high demand items to ensure there are products available for the most customers possible.
We recognize the important role we have as an essential service and we recognize that our communities count on us to deliver that service in a healthy and safe environment for all. We take this responsibility to heart. We have implemented the following measures that have been developed with our pandemic leads in consultation with public health and other regulatory bodies:
Cleaning and sanitization
- Heightened sanitization and disinfectant process implemented.
- Store staff directed to clean high traffic areas and touch points throughout the day.
- Cart wipes/spray and hand sanitizer provided.
- Plexiglass cashier shields installed.
- Staff to use hand sanitizer or wash hands every 30 minutes.
- Practise social distancing policies and practices put into place in all stores, including prior to entry, while shopping and while navigating the checkout areas and paying for purchases.
- Limit customer count in stores – exact number varies by square footage of store.
- Social distancing PA announcements loaded to in-store PA system.
- Social distancing video produced and distributed - cashier best practices.
- One-way aisles in grocery best practices released to stores.
Customer policies changed
- Customers are reminded that if they have been travelling internationally in the last 14 days or are unwell we ask them to not shop and remain at home, online is provided as an option.
- Customers are asked to use debit or credit where possible.
- Shut down self-serve food in stores.
- Vending machines removed from sales floor or marked out of order.
- Suspend fragrance testing.
Giant Tiger is proud to make a different in our communities today and always. From large scale donations, most recently 20,000 N95 masks, to donations to Food Banks Canada and giving back to local charities and organization, we understand the important role we have. Looking for support for your organization? Submit a sponsorship request form.